Friday, May 23, 2008

Twinkle Toes

I bought Jackson his first pair of "real" shoes yesterday. He's worn those soft-soled leather shoes up until now, but I thought it was time to get some hard-soled shoes since we're outside so much. I chose a pair of blue slip-ons that are kind of like Crocs. We sat on the kitchen floor and I slipped them on. I wanted him to try them indoors, since he's been crashing so much outside and scraping his face. I figured if he crashed inside while he learned to get his balance with less feeling in his feet, the scrapes wouldn't be so bad.

As soon as I got the shoes on his feet, he stood up and started walking. Then he realized his footsteps were making noise! He stopped and stomped his feet, and broke out in a big smile. He took a few more steps, then more stomping. Then onto the carpet, where he learned it was soft and, therefore, no noise. Back to the linoleum. Stomp, stomp. So cute!

He did the same thing when I put his shoes on this morning. He loves being a little tapdancer. I love watching his surprise and joy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute.. Got the same crocs shoes from 6PM.com for my sweet daughter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails