Thursday, May 15, 2008

First Thing in the Morning

I think mornings are my favorite time of day with Jackson. He wakes (usually crying) and as soon as I walk in the room, he sees me and starts trying to stand in his crib. He stretches his arms to me, and I pick him up and he snuggles right into my shoulder.

I carry him downstairs and I grab his milk from the fridge and a fuzzy red blanket. We go to the couch, and sit down with him on my lap. He's usually still sucking his pacifier, but he spits it out and drinks his milk while I cuddle with him in the blanket. Sometimes he'll put his head under my neck and nuzzle me while he drinks, and it's so wonderful. And if he's in a really good mood, he'll do some silly game like shaking his head back and forth. He likes when I mimic him and do it back to him, and he throws his head back and laughs at me. We sit on the couch for about ten minutes and snuggle before I feed him yogurt at the table.

I love this morning ritual!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails