Monday, December 15, 2008

Blessings

I went to bed last night with a smile in my heart, after reading an email sent by my cousin/friend Marti. It made my heart overflow and I started thinking of all the blessings I have. So I jotted down a list of random things I am thankful for... beyond all the "regular" things like my husband and kids and extended family, plus some pretty amazing friends, plus our home and food and car and employment. (Not that those things are "regular" and therefore not noteworthy, but you know what I mean.) Here's my list from last night:

My health. My family's health. Windsor Crossing. Team Turtleton. Literacy. My blog. True love. Electric blankets. Handwarmers. Lotion. Liquid bandages. Skype. Medicine. The Iron Man telecast. Computers. Candles. Prayers. Music. Prayers set to music. Baths. Losing 16 pounds. Good eye doctors. Memories. Raisins. Advent wreaths. Surrogates - women who have helped fill the hole Mom left. Buffalo dip. Sleep. Favorite pens. Learning. Overnights at Grandma's. Forgiveness. Tivo. Goatees. Heat. Sunshine.

Enough.

5 comments:

scrappysue said...

there's always a TONNE to be thankful for - it only takes a minute to make a very long list - like you did

hey - my blogger problem is fixed - check ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to find out what Skype is.

If handwarmers are really good for Raynaud's, I'll have to let my husband know. Thanks again.

Linda Morris said...

Eliz - I love your blog - you are the best writer I know (besides the Kendog, of course) and so I am amazed and encouraged every time I come here (no pressure, of course!). The music on your blog is always inspiring. Thank you for taking the time.

Linda

PS way to go on the 13.1 - you know I am impressed!!!

trixy72 said...

Favorite pens. A girl after my own heart!

You inspire me!

Gretchen said...

It's always good to remember our blessings. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails