Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Child Labor

I put Katie and her friend Sammi to work tonight making Christmas wrapping paper. I am so devious! They thought they were just coloring and painting. Ha! Just kidding... they knew they were making wrapping paper.

First they colored with crayons.

Jackson helped. He's good at chicken scratch.

Then I made star and tree stamps. I couldn't find any washable paint in the house and had to use my craft paint, so I made the girls change their shirts. Then they went to town, stamping about 30 feet of paper for me. They also stamped a large box that holds one of Dan's presents. I decided the box is too big for me to wrap, so I had my elves do it for me instead.

It was fun, and I am looking forward to having Katie wrap presents with me next week when cycle break starts.

Katie made one more project after dinner and bath. She made a Ziploc bag book to give to Jackson for Christmas. It's so cute! The book is called "Jackson's Book." There are six pages inside, and the book is about Jackson's emotions (or Katie's take on them!). Each page has a different feeling, such as "Jackson is mad" or "Jackson is happy." She wrote all the words herself and then illustrated it. What a hard worker!

3 comments:

scrappysue said...

so cute! i made my own wrapping paper one year, ONE year.

Shannon said...

Love the idea of doing your own paper!!!!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

What a great idea! What type of paper did you use?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails