Monday, December 1, 2008

First Snow

Yesterday Dan and I were jolted awake with every kid's favorite words: "It snowed!" Katie crawled into bed with us and could hardly contain her excitement. Finally Dan got up with her and let me sleep in. (Heaven!) Shortly after I got up, Dan took the kids out to play in the snow. At first Katie went out and stood on the front porch talking to Jackson through the front door. Aren't they cute?
And then Jackson melted down when he realized I wouldn't let him go outside too.
Dan told me he could take Jackson too, so I stuffed him into a size 18 months snowsuit and he joined Daddy and Katie. They were outside long enough for me to get a quick shower.

We got another slight dusting this morning, but the grass is already poking through. All of a sudden, the calendar turns to December and it is freezing here. My fingers are going crazy from the Raynaud's, and I have lost feeling in them a dozen times today. Oh, this is going to be a long winter!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails