Thursday, April 1, 2010

You’re Everything

I hope you take the five minutes today to watch this video. I first saw it about two years ago, and it affected me deeply. I just watched it again, and found myself crying (again) by the end.

Know that you are everything to Jesus. You’re all He wants because He loves you tremendously. Even with your failures and shortcomings. Even when you look ugly on the outside and on the inside. He loves you, desperately. And not just the kind of love that’s all rainbows and kittens. He loves you enough to go to the mat for you. At about four minutes into the video, did you see how the Jesus character took on the pains and struggles for the girl? Notice how He didn’t just stand beside her and encourage her. He took her place so she could stop fighting and focus on the beauty of life, so she could keep dancing. With Him. And, oh! The dance. It’s so much better when you’re not doing it alone.

Last year, Good Friday marked a turning point in my life. This holy weekend, I hope that you let Jesus dance with you – and IN you too.

Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails