Friday, April 16, 2010

Birthday Gift Idea

Tell me if you think I’ve lost my mind. I am giving this to our nephew for his birthday.IMGP6277

It’s a craft box, filled with all kinds of crafting supplies. There are little baggies full of buttons, cotton balls, wooden clothespins, flat marbles, foam stickers, puzzle pieces, bottle caps, rubber bands, brads, and ribbon scraps.IMGP6280

The box also includes empty spools, an old map, a pocket notebook, brown lunch bags, pipe cleaners, paper towel tubes, a sponge, a glue stick, binder clips, crayons, yarn, crepe paper streamers, tape, popsicle sticks, and stickers.IMGP6283

I made customized stencils for the birthday boy out of container lids (like the lids on cream cheese containers). The lip on the lids keeps the child’s crayon inside the stencil area.IMGP6279

If you got this as a present for your child, would you think it’s all a box of junk? Would you never invite us to another party again because we give lame presents?

Here’s the last part of our nephew’s gift: I made him a customized t-shirt to mark his four-year milestone. Does this sweeten the gift a little more? I hope so.IMGP6276

4 comments:

Gina said...

I've given craft boxes before (although not nearly that cool) to my cousin (he's 20+ years younger than me). He loves to create anything artistic. The shirt is adorable too. I think I am going to steal your idea next time I go to a party for an artistic kid. I LOVE it.

Tina said...

That is a totally great idea! I use to bring a craft box with me when I baby sat (thank you babysitters club), but I never thought to give one as a gift.

Way cool :)

donna said...

You are totally a rockin' Aunt. I think its a great idea!

Terri said...

Could u make me one?:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails