Friday, March 12, 2010

Party Streamers

I saw this idea for sewing ruffled party streamers on Ohdeedoh, and wanted to try making some for Jackson’s upcoming birthday. I have never sewn paper before, so this was new to me. It took me a few moments to get the hang of stuffing the streamers under my presser foot (in order to create the bumpy ruffles), but it was so easy and so forgiving after that. I was going to sew an entire roll of crepe paper streamers, but decided to stop about halfway through the roll. Here’s the pile of finished streamers:IMGP4222

After the success of sewing streamers, I moved on to sewing some other paper. This is a banner I made for my neighbor, who is having a baby girl and naming her Joy. I sewed the circles together, then added ribbon later. It is bigger than it looks in the photo. The circles are about 3 inches in diameter.IMGP4226

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails