Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Embroidered Map

Thanks to Pinterest, I saw this really great idea about embroidering a map. I had supplies already on hand and made my first one last week!

I have a friend who went to visit her oldest child at college for the first time since he left home. The morning she drove away, I put this in her mailbox and told her to check it before she left. I used a map of the United States (that I got from Leftovers), two strands of red thread (doubled over to make it four strands thick), and put it in an inexpensive 4x6 frame._MDS9498

Next time, I will try to use a map that isn’t a driving map, because the red thread didn’t stand out as well as I would have liked against the red color of the interstate route.

But all in all, I think it turned out pretty well!_MDS9491

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh I love it to!

Paula

Gina said...

You never cease to amaze me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails