Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Box of Love

And when we got home from Jamaica/Virginia? I had a wonderful box of love waiting for me from Kate Buxbaum-Prado. Remember? She's the daughter of Martin Buxbaum, the author of "Six Golden Coins." She promised to send me a package, and she exceeded my wildest expectations. Do you see this?!

I opened her box before I even unpacked my suitcase.

I sat right there on the kitchen floor and cried tears of gratitude for such a generous soul. Kate sent me SEVEN books that were written by her father. Oh, man!

And do you know what this stranger did for me? (She is no longer a stranger, of course. She is now a friend!) She inscribed each and every one of those books with a special sentiment for me. What an amazing gift. I am unworthy! Kate also included his biography and photos of her father. I hadn't seen his picture before, so this was a great treat for me.

I have only read one of Martin Buxbaum's books so far (Rivers of Thought), but I'm now diving in to my new collection. I can't wait to read all the gems of poetry he wrote.

Thank you, Kate. Your gift is priceless to me. I can never repay you for it, except to help you keep your dad's memory alive. I pray that I honor him in the words I write on my blog. And I hope you and I get to know each other better through the coming years!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I want to read some of his books!

scrappysue said...

such an amazing story elizabeth - what a wonderful gesture

Gretchen said...

WOW! That is truly a wonderful gift.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What an awesome package! What a kind soul. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails