Friday, January 30, 2009

Wish List

I made yet another bedtime list last night. (You know me and my lists.) Today is my birthday, and before I fell asleep I was thinking of what would make today perfect. Here's what I came up with:
1. Unlimited time to read books to Katie.
2. A repeat of last night's recliner cuddling with Jackson while we watched Word Girl. (He says, "Wuh Gul Mommy!")
3. Escape and go see a movie.
4. Someone to rub my back or my feet or my head.
5. Silence.
6. A nap.
7. Dan's arms around me.
8. Time to write.
9. A long bath, where I could go underwater and hear nothing but my breath.
10. Listening to good praise music on my iPod. Maybe even dancing to it too?!

And guess what? I've already done two things on my list: #1 and #8. Although #1 wasn't unlimited, I went to Katie's room a bit early to wake her and decided to start the day by reading three new library books to her. I really liked that. And I am getting to do #8 right now, as I post on my blog. Yay!

I've already gotten a few other things that weren't on my list but have helped make my day perfect so far. The first was this:

Dan and Katie made me a cake. And, yes, I was a bad girl and broke every Mommy Nutritional Rule by sharing the cake with Katie for breakfast. Yippee! The best part of the cake was the card that Dan gave me with it. I think it's one of the best cards I've ever received. After cake, I also had the simple pleasure of walking Katie to the bus stop. I don't get to do that every day because Jackson doesn't do well in the cold, but he was still asleep today.
The other thing that made my morning? My friend Beth called her personal Meals on Wheels (aka her husband Sean) and on the way home from his overnight job, she had him pick up my favorite breakfast and deliver it to me. I was treated to a Chick-fil-A chicken biscuit, and I am now a happy, happy girl.

We'll see what the rest of the day holds for me. I am looking forward to it, and can't wait to see what this year brings me. Now I'm off to get Jackson up and do my morning workout. HBTM!

5 comments:

Robin said...

Happy Happy Day!!! I hope you get out and do lots of fun stuff today! At least get - see a movie crossed off your list.

BTW, you do remember Bill Cosby's routine "Chocolate Cake for Breakfast.", don't you?

Elizabeth said...

Why, thank you! And, yes, that particular Cosby routine is a staple in my in-laws' home. I hadn't heard "Dad is great! Give us the chocolate cake!" until I married in to the family. Now I hear it more than you might think!

Louise said...

well, happy birthday! I hope your day was all you wished for, or at least enough to make for a good blog tomorrow.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great day!

Gretchen said...

Happy belated birthday!! I'm so behind on everything.

Here's hoping you get to check off everything on your list in the coming year. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails