Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thankful Tree 2010

In our family, November means Thankful Tree. The kids have been writing their gratitude on leaves and posting them on our wooden tree. Katie’s first leaf says “friends.” IMGP4803

This is the first year Jackson has participated. He picks something he’s thankful for and I write it on a leaf for him then he sticks it on the tree. The first thing on his list was his buddy two houses down. I love that he has a friend who makes his face light up!IMGP4811

I have another unexpected thing that has brightened my life for the past seven days. I send daily texts to some friends and family, and decided for the month of November I’d include one item of gratitude at the end of each text. I asked my friends to text me back with their gratitude too. Sharing in their joy has blessed my life. They’ve listed things like: hope, colors, substitute teachers, forgiveness, God’s guidance, unexpected passion, employment, an extra hour, faith, honesty, good sheets, and chicken (that one was from my 12 year old niece). I think my most favorite response was from my cousin, who said she’s thankful for the smell of her husband’s aftershave on her baby’s head after he kisses the baby goodbye in the morning before work. I just love that image.

What are you thankful for? Leave me a comment or… text me!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Where oh where did you get the trees? I want to do this with L!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails