Thursday, December 15, 2011

Forty Years of Photos

_MDS2198 (2)Six months ago, I bought a Groupon to have 1,000 photos scanned. Actually, I bought TWO of those Groupons, for a total of 2,000 photos to scan. When Mom died in 2004, I inherited the albums she compiled of photos from 1963 to 2003. That’s forty years of photos, which means LOTS of images to scan and a job I didn’t really want to do myself.

It has taken me almost the entire six months to compile the photos I mailed last week for scanning. The 1,400 photos from Mom’s albums were easy to weed out, but the remaining 600 of my own photos were hard to corral from dusty boxes in the basement. The bulk of my time was spent putting them in chronological order, and guessing what year they were taken based on my hairstyle in photos.

When I shipped these two boxes off last week, I said a prayer that they wouldn’t get lost in the mail (perish the thought!) and a prayer of gratitude that my parents left a beautiful monument of memories for their children and grandchildren to enjoy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails