Saturday, January 2, 2010

Purged!

My blog has been relatively quiet this past week, after my DAILY posting during the Christmas Countdown. I didn't realize how time consuming daily blogging could be when it was on my To Do List every day. So I'm a little relieved to blog just whenever I feel like it now, not on a schedule.

I've been quiet for the past week because I've been busy purging. I told you about Frank, our new laptop that we bought for Christmas. The sad thing is that I haven't bonded too well with Frank because I haven't been able to transfer a lot of stuff to him yet. First thing to transfer is my Outlook, and it turns out that I have saved WAY TOO MUCH for it to transfer over. Yes, I confess that I save MANY emails. After I really started looking into it, I realized I have emails from ten years ago. Yes, ten. And, no, they are not life-impacting emails either! They are just static from my life in 2000 and since.

I've spent the last week purging all those non-essential emails. Guess how many I deleted? Go ahead, guess. How about you leave a comment with your guess? Then I'll send you a little happy. (And I better not get a guess ONLY from Gina. C'mon, lurkers! Now's your chance to show your face!)

Anyway, I finally finished my purge last night. Now I feel so free and relieved! That leads me to my first New Year's resolution: I resolve to STOP saving every email. Just let it go, baby.

Aren't you proud of me?

7 comments:

Gina said...

Okay, I'll start it off, even though you don't only want a comment from me, which did make me lol.

Um....1487?

donna said...

Hmmm....10 years of emails at 250 emails a year...my guess is 2,500. Yikes....that would make me nervous deleting all those. I only have emails back to 2008...so I'm still good for another 8 years :-)

Melissa said...

Oh I'll say a good 3500. I save emails, too. If it wasn't for the fact that my last computer crashed and I cannot recover anything, I'd guess I have saved emails from 2003!

Robin said...

Letting go of emails is harder for me than getting rid of material stuff. How about 10, because the rest were really important. ;)

Sheryl said...

Holy cow... I can only imagine... I bet it's a really high number.. I'll go up to 5000... I am proud of you though!!

Charity said...

My guess is 4000..how long did it take to puge? Did you open them before you purged?

prashant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails