Wednesday, December 2, 2009

2: Buy Candy Canes to Pass Out

Wednesdays are always hectic for me. That's the day Jackson goes to a Mother's Day Out program, and I run a thousand errands before I have to pick him up in the afternoon. I go to Wal-Mart or Target almost every single Wednesday, as well as the grocery store and all the other usual places.

Today, as part of our Christmas Countdown, my To Do List included buying candy canes to pass out to strangers. Doesn't sound hard, does it? And yet I couldn't even FIND the candy canes at Wal-Mart. So I opted for Christmas stickers instead. I bought a pack and on the way out of the store, I dug them out of my bag and handed one to the Salvation Army bell ringer. I proclaimed, "I bought you a sticker!" I'm not sure if he remembered me from when I dropped some coins in his bucket on the way into the store, but he smiled anyway.

When I stopped at Walgreen's, I found candy canes. But they were the big kind, and I was hoping for the small kind so I could get more of them to pass out - more bang for my buck. I decided to nix the candy cane idea and bought mini peppermint patties. I figured Katie can use the stickers to decorate the patties and we can hand those out instead.


During tonight's Advent wreath time, Katie looked at today's Christmas Countdown task and was excited by the idea to give candy to her bus driver. I told her she can hand them out starting tomorrow. I am thrilled that this task is a hit!

Next item, #3.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails