Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gingerbread Trees

I've decided I really REALLY don't like gingerbread houses. My friend Beth is a pro at them, and I admire her for that. But I just can't get the darn walls to stick together and stand up. Gravity is not my friend. (In oh so many ways!)

So I saw a kit for gingerbread trees and bought it, thinking gravity CAN be my friend when it comes to trees. After all, the tree is just made of star cookies stacked on each other.

I pulled them out and let the kids decorate them today. It really wasn't that bad! I had special Christmas sprinkles, marshmallow fluff (which acts as a pretty solid glue on the different layers), marshmallow shapes, M&Ms, and a tub of green icing. Jackson enjoyed licking the green icing.


I also had a box of gingerbread people that I let the kids decorate. Katie's turned out pretty cute.


Here are the finished projects:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails