Monday, July 11, 2011

Girls’ Night Out

Last Friday, Katie and I went to St. Louis’ outdoor theater to see The Little Mermaid with her Brownie troop. It was Katie’s second time at The Muny, but my first with her. We made a whole night of it.

Before The Muny, we had dinner at Blueberry Hill. It’s a restaurant owned by Chuck Berry, on the Loop in University City.Photo394

Katie was thrilled to see a jukebox, and we browsed through the songs for a while. She narrowed it down to two choices, then Aerosmith’s Dream On was chosen over Bob Marley’s No Woman No Cry. (And can I just say how happy it makes me to type that sentence? I think it’s pretty cool that my kids know the Imagination Movers as well as they know classic rock.)Photo389

There was a photo booth, which we enjoyed together!2011-07-08 Blueberry Hill photo book KEK & ESK

We left the Loop and drove on to Forest Park. I begged asked Katie to let me take her eight-year-old photos, so we took some time before the show started at The Muny. Isn’t she lovely?_MDS3164 _MDS3148_MDS3172

We got to The Muny and it was actually a nice night for an outdoor show! We enjoyed the music and acting, then headed home. Katie was in bed a smidge before midnight (yikes!), and our Girls’ Night Out was a success._MDS3185a

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Great shots! It's memories like that your daughter will always remember.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails