Monday, July 19, 2010

Six Truths and One Lie

creative writer Summer got the best of me and I’m a bit behind on my To Do List. One of the things that’s been on my list for a month is to thank my bloggy (and IRL) friend Gina for a nice little award she gave me back in June. It’s the “Creative Writer” Blogger Award. In addition to thanking the person who gave it to you (thanks, Gina!) and posting the award on my blog, I have to either a) tell you six outrageous lies and one outrageous truth or b) I can tell you six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie, then I have to pass it on to seven other creative bloggers (and let them know they've won).

I chose six truths and one lie. And, dude, this is hard, ‘cause there isn’t much y’all don’t know about me. Here goes!

1. When I was little, I used to think I was a witch because I could see things I thought were invisible to others, like the heat rising off the pavement and floaters in my vision.
2. When I was little, I was convinced you only got a certain number of words in your lifetime. When you use up those words, you die.
3. When I was in first grade, my brother and I got locked in the trunk of our mom’s Buick.
4. In fifth grade, my brother used toy handcuffs and locked me in the attic for three hours until Mom found me.
5. I killed my brother’s pet mouse.
6. I killed my sister’s pet cat.
7. My neighbor’s labrador retriever bit my arm, which explains my hesitance (not a true fear, just a strong caution) around large dogs.

Now, let’s see how well y’all know me! Which of those seven is the big lie? Leave a comment with your guess.

I am passing this award on to:
1. Jill at FiskFamilyMama
2. Emily at The Boys
3. Kitten Muffin at Filth Wizardry
4. Jen at Diagnosis Urine
5. Carrie at Scenes from the Blue Chair
6. Michelle at Michelle Sidles
7. Holly at stitch/craft

9 comments:

Gina said...

I say #2 is a lie. It does sound like you, but I could also see you getting that idea from Katie! :)

Jill said...

This is a tough one, but I have to go with #6. You can't be a cat killer.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I like your blog--funny, clever stuff. And I have no idea which one is a lie . . . .

Holly said...

I'm hoping you did not really kill a cat.

Robin said...

Hmmm, I guess #4.

Lyndi said...

I can't believe you killed a cat. A mouse, yes, but not a kitty!

Anonymous said...

I'm disturbed by the fact that no matter what you've killed SOMETHING!! ;)

You're hilarious.

MaryC said...

I'm guessing #6 -- it's really hard to accidentally kill a cat (they have nine lives, you know). And I'm hoping 1 and 2 are true because they paint a picture of a young girl destined to be the wonderfully creative, beautiful YOU!

donna said...

Hmmm...seems like from #5 and #6 that pets aren't safe around you. Maybe the cat killed the mouse and you killed the cat. Quite the murder mystery triangle in your house growing up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails