Monday, July 19, 2010

Flags Across America

If you look on the right side of my blog, there is a live traffic feed that tells me where my blog is being accessed around the world. Just now, I saw there are readers in Brazil, London, North Carolina, Tennessee, Illinois, Kansas, and Alaska.

How cool is that?

I digress… anyway, I was wondering if y’all could help me with a little project. There’s a woman named Pam who lives in North Carolina. Her husband knew my brother Jackson, and they even named their son after my brother. Pam’s husband is a soldier, and she supports him and his coworkers with lots of morale boosters. She has a blog where she shows photos of the American flag in different places – even in Iraq! On our recent epic adventure, I took some flag photos for her to use on her blog.

Can you take some too?

I’d love for you to send some photos to Pam (or me, if you don’t feel comfortable sending them to her) and she could post them on her Flags Across America blog. Yes, I know some of my blog visitors are from foreign countries, so this might not pertain to you.
If you see an American flag, could you take a photo of it so Pam can honor it on her blog? Thanks!

The Flag Goes By (Henry Holcomb Bennett)
Hats off! Along the street there comes
A blare of bugles, a ruffle of drums,
A flag color beneath the sky: Hats off!
The flag is passing by!
Blue and crimson and white shines,
Over the steel-tipped, ordered lines.
Hats off! The colors before us fly;
But more than a flag is passing by.
Sea-fights and land-fights, grim and great,
Fought to make and to save the State:
Weary marches and sinking ships;
Cheers of victory on dying lips;
Days of plenty and years of peace;
March of a strong land’s swift increase;
Equal justice, right, and law,
Stately honor and reverend awe;
Sign of a nation, great and strong
Toward her people from foreign wrong:
Pride and glory and honor, – all
Live in the colors to stand or fall.
Hats off! Along the street there comes
A blare of bugles, a ruffle of drums;
And loyal hearts are beating high:
Hats off! The flag is passing by!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails