Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Week

Here's what I'll remember about this week, or at least what I want to remember (some parts I want to forget):

Baking cookies for Santa. Painting Katie's nails. A painful Christmas party with my mom's club, as Jackson SCREAMED because I wouldn't let him have a fifth cookie. Our Advent wreath. Parachutes on Christmas Eve. Getting sick at my in-laws on Christmas Eve. Reindeer food. Listening to Dad read to me again, through the magic of DVDs and Skype (Thanks, Mary!). Luminaries lining our street. "I got it, Mommy! I got an MP3 player!" Cinnamon toast. Monogrammed vests. A new CD from Santa, with my newly favorite song on it (it's now the first one on my blog player, called How You Live by Point of Grace). Waiting on the stairs. Tulips. Kisses. Dan reading, "Now, DASHER! Now, PRANCER!..." and Jackson's face watching in wonder. The kids crawling under the tree like moles. Sock monkey footie pajamas. Mother-Daughter matching necklaces.

Most of all, what I want to remember is that Christmas is just one day. Full of magic, yes, but just one day in a year of others to remember the Reason. Thank you for all these blessings, God; the ones under the tree and the ones in my heart, and the ones that scream for cookies and bounce with joy for MP3 players.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails