Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 2013 Review

We started December with a touring of the new auditorium at our church’s original location.IMG_8078

Tossing the ball with Jackson, in December on a warm day!IMG_8129

I love this comparison of how our church building changed in just 13 months.Semi Circle Entrance

Dan’s company had a Christmas party at the St. Louis Blues game. We were in a box suite, HIGH above the game.IMG_8180

Our family of four went to downtown St. Louis to help with Christmas decorating in one of the urban areas that Dan and Katie serve with our church’s outreach team.IMG_8172

Santa made a private visit our house!IMGP0269

Letters from the kids to SantaIMGP0253

Dan took me to the Ambassadors of Harmony concert. This is a local men’s chorus that is SO wonderful!IMG_8231

I caught my sweet neighbors shoveling other neighbors’ driveways, unasked.IMG_8234

December was full of other Christmas parties, including this one at a stone barn. It was beautiful!IMG_8251

The sunrises and sunsets this winter have been masterpieces!IMG_8258

Katie graduated the D.A.R.E. program at school.IMG_8273

This picture is a perfect illustration of my life as a mother: everyone wants a piece of me! I was trying to have a private conversation with Katie, and Jackson couldn’t stand being banished to the hallway. He was desperate to get to us, so this was what he did.IMG_8288

And this photo shows one of the best parts of being a parent: bedtime stories and snuggles!IMG_8289

Katie’s first choir concert at school.IMG_8379

Katie was in a December crafting flurry, making some beautiful handmade gifts like this Doodad Cross for Dan.IMG_8414

We went on a family drive to look for Christmas lights. We saw this one tree covered in lights. It was impressive!IMG_8423

We attended our first service in our church’s new auditorium (at the location we first started attending, but not the location where I work!).IMG_8417

We celebrated Christmas with our extended family. This is my favorite photo of the night, after Jackson let one rip. (Gross and funny at the same time!)J Tooted

I had fun with my hairstyle and made a reindeer face on the back of my head.IMG_8540

Dan and I celebrated 18 years of marriage, and laughed at how our gifts to each other are so similar!IMG_8530

Annual Christmas Eve traditions of reading The Night Before Christmas and spreading reindeer food.IMG_8558

Christmas morning at home, and Dan taught Katie how to make my dad’s special cinnamon toast.IMG_8570

And Christmas evening with our extended extended family.IMGP0406-

My office is closed the week after Christmas, so the kids and I had lots of time to hang out and play with their new gifts.IMG_8584

One of my cousins married a woman who grew up in St. Louis, so I get to see them once a year at least. We had lunch together, and the kids came too.IMG_8600

I made my first chicken bone broth. Yep… I’ve never done this before! (Shame on me!)IMG_8706

Katie has a new creative outlet: clay charms! She started making a bunch as thank you gifts for people who donate to her Living Water International fund.DSC_0052

Katie made her first piece of clothing while at Grandma’s house for New Year’s Eve – a pair of fluffy pajama pants.sewing pjs

And THAT brings us to 2014. See you next year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails