Friday, March 6, 2009

TGIF!

Thank God it's Friday, and it couldn't be any more splendid! The weather is fabulous today, with a high in the 80s. Katie's school cycle break started today, so we went to a park for lunch. We had a picnic with friends and then the kids ran around so much that they were sweating. Glorious!

We came home for Jackson's nap, and Katie wanted to build fairy houses outside. I opened all the windows and let her go in the front yard while I caught up on emails. Pretty soon, the neighbors came to ask her to play in the cul-de-sac. I stood on the front porch and watched them walk down the road, so happy that she has a street full of kids to play with. My hope is that they will grow up together and consider each other lifelong friends. How cool would it be for them to get their own kids together and play one day? Ah... I can keep dreaming and see what happens. In the meantime, how sweet is friendship?

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

It was sleeting a bit today when I went to photograph the river that runs through out town. It was nearing the flood stage and I needed to get a shot or two. Where is spring?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails