Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Prayer

Each morning, I roll over to shut off my alarm clock and grab a book called Jesus Calling off my bedside table. I read the day’s devotional, which is written as if Jesus is speaking directly to me. Today, Jesus said “Begin each day anticipating problems, asking Me to equip you for whatever difficulties you will encounter.”

I’ve been feeling less-than-adequate lately. I know this is because I focus on “out there” instead of what’s inside me or what I’m experiencing each moment. I’m not living in the present. I’m looking ahead and all I’m seeing are things in my way. So today, I wrote a prayer and asked Jesus to equip me for what lies ahead.

Dear Jesus,
When feelings of ugliness plague my mind, plant a seed of beauty in the soil of my heart.
When jealousy roars inside me, let words of gratitude silence that roar.
When I doubt myself and inadequacy whispers taunts in my ears, grant me confidence in Your love for me.
When anger burns my heart, give me Your breath to extinguish the fire.
When grief makes me homesick, wipe my tears with promises of eternity with You.
There are countless obstacles on my path today, which I can’t foresee. Help me follow Your lead in this dance of life, knowing You are what makes it beautiful. Thank You for loving me!
Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is such a timely prayer for me, thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails