Saturday, April 5, 2008

First Post


This is my first blog post. Never done it before, and kind of nervous how it'll all turn out. Why am I doing this? I'm looking for a quick way to chronicle my life, and one day I might even invite my friends, family and husband to read this. But for now, I'm going to keep it to myself until I see how often I can update and find out if I really have anything to say.

Right now, my son is upstairs napping and my daughter and husband are out buying steaks to grill in this beautiful spring weather. I am looking out my window at a bright red cardinal eating buds off our pink Flowering Cherry tree. Spring has finally arrived, after an incredibly long winter. My son just turned one, and I feel like a survivor for making it through the painfully slow-moving first year. The green grass and tree buds are a sight for sore eyes, and they give me such hope and faith that life is moving on and joyful days are on their way!

My friend Tammy came over this morning to take family photos, and I can't wait to see them. Then after naptime, we are meeting an old friend of mine (from way back in elementary school) while she is in town visiting family. I named my daughter after her, and I can't wait to see her and catch up.

Life is good, and we are so blessed to have each other to enjoy it with!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails